Written communication in the client's area of interest and/or expertise is the usual focus of writing instruction.
At moderate-to-higher levels of writing, a pattern of errors can normally be discerned. You will learn how to identify and correct such errors and, then, to avoid them altogether.
Areas of focus include:
- Grammar (ranging from prepositional to more subtle construction errors)
- Word choice (optimal word choice, shades of meaning, connotation v. denotation)
- Clarification of ambiguous language
Types of writing may include:
- Everyday correspondence
- Business correspondence & reports
- Research reports & technical papers
- Theses & dissertations
- Advertising copy
- Test preparation (e.g., TOEFL, GMAT)